Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
Acceptable Use Policy
Fruit and Vegetable Menu
Great Websites to Use
Our Students in Action
PARCC Tips and Skills
Add "All Pages"
Matt Lovejoy, Physical Education
B.S. Physical Education from Rhode Island College
M.Ed. Elementary and Middle School Administration from Providence College
Adaptive Physical Education Endorsement (PK-12)
Health Certification (PK-12)
Rhode Island’s Physical Education Standards
Vision: As a result of daily, high quality physical education instruction from K-12, all students will have the knowledge and skills to lead a physically active lifestyle.
A physically educated person:
Demonstrates competency in many movement forms and proficiency in a few movement forms.
Applies movement concepts and principles to the learning and development of motor skills.
Understands the implications of and the benefits derived from involvement in physical activity.
Applies physical activity-related skills and concepts to maintain a physically active lifestyle and a health-enhancing level of physical fitness.
Demonstrates responsible personal and social behavior in physical activity settings.
Understands that internal and external environments influence physical activity.
Rhode Island’s Health Education Standards
The seven standards describe what all Rhode Island students should know and be able to do as a result of K-12 health education.
- Students will understand the concepts related to health promotion and disease prevention as a foundation for a healthy life.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to access valid health information and health-promoting products and services.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to practice health-enhancing behaviors and reduce health risks.
- Students will analyze the influence of culture, media, technology and other factors on health.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to use interpersonal communication skills to enhance health.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to use goal-setting and decision-making to enhance health.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to advocate for personal, family, community, and environmental health.
Monthly Physical Education Schedule
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"